Here are examples of some commissioned paintings I have completed, which should give you some idea of how you too may request a commission:
"Birds of a Feather", Oil on Panel, 8" x 8"
This was an anniversary/birthday gift. Client asked for "something like your iced-coffee paintings with the cute guy and penguin, or say an owl and a penguin together on a tree branch (like the own and robot you have somewhere).... or two cute penguins...."
"Walking the Dogs", Ink and Watercolor, 12" x 16"
Inspired by my original sketch featuring a robot walking a dog, client commissioned a painting that would include the client's partner and both their dogs.
"Oh, The Places You Will Go" - Acrylic on Canvas, 16" x 20"
Client commissioned a painting to be presented to their graduating child to mark the occasion as the child launched off into their new life.
Specifications included: "cute figures like your other paintings", "seaside or water", "cups", "school colors/logo" and "the color green" ...
* Ink Drawings and Sketches 6"x6", 7"x10", 9"x12", 11"x14": $65-$300
* SMALLER paintings 8"x8", 8"x10", 9"x12", 12"x12", 11"x14": $350-$750
* MEDIUM-sized paintings 12"x16". 16"x20", 18"x24": $500-$1500
* LARGER paintings 24"x24", 20"x30", 24"x30", 24"x36", 36"x48"+: $1750-$4500+
Exact quote will depend on the complexity of the project, whether the painting will be in oils or acrylics, how much research & preparation time the project requires, how urgently you want it completed, and how much the commission will disrupt all my other ongoing projects :). Exact quote could be more or less than the above guideline ranges. Frames are not included in the commission price, unless I tell you otherwise. State sales tax will apply for WA state residents. Oil paintings typically cost more than acrylic paintings.
Commission terms are as follows:
* Half-payment up front to initiate project.
* Upon completion of project, you can choose whether to accept the finished piece or not.
* If you choose to accept the finished piece, remaining half-payment is due on delivery.
* If you choose not to accept the finished piece (because you changed your mind or you didn't like how it turned out), no payment is due and you can walk away from the piece, but the first half payment will not be refunded (it compensates artist for time and materials consumed) and artist will retain the finished piece.
* Any studies or intermediate works generated in the process of creating the piece are property of the artist and not part of the transaction.
For commissions to recreate one of my previously-sold paintings or other designs, please note that painting is an organic process full of 'happy accidents' and while I will try my best, it is more than likely that the finished piece will differ from it's predecessor. Some variation is inevitable, and should be welcomed as it ensures the commissioned piece will be truly unique.
To initiate a conversation about a commission, start by sending me an email.
Please note that I reserve the right to decline your commission proposal if I conclude it does not align with my artistic direction and vision. I will let you know up front before you commit yourself.