The City of Renton WA invited me to participate in their 'Dragon Days' celebrations by creating a public art display in a vacant storefront. I decided to highlight some of the dragon art and poems from my book A Hatful of Dragons and created a large sized display 5' high and about 80' long featuring both poetry and art. This video shows it best:
The drawings in my book are pretty small, just a few inches max, so I had to redraw the drawings and then add color. These were then sent to a sign printer and printed out as large size window clings, which I then manually installed for the display. Putting up these clings was harder than it looks - not for the faint hearted!
I will be doing an online book tour via blogs introducing my new book and giving folks a behind-the-scenes peek into the book. I'll add links here as the blog posts go live:
* Suma Subramanian's Mixed-Up Files:
* Jane MacCulloch's DeoWriter Blog
* Matt Forrest's Radio, Rhythm & Rhyme Blog
* Sylvia Vardell's Poetry for Children Blog
* Irene Latham's Live Your Poem Blog
* Sylvia Vardell's Poetry for Children Blog (2nd Appearance)
* Linda Mitchell's A Word Edgewise Blog
* Mrs. Knotts Book Nook
Many thanks to my publisher, Boyds Mills Kane, and to Kerry McManus and Chelsea Abdullah for organizing this tour.